Have you heard the news yet? UBC will offer first round offers of admission to a limited number of highly competitive high school students who follow the Canadian curriculum. These students can expect to hear from UBC as early as late December. Here is what you need to know:
Which session do first round offers of admission apply to?
UBC will offer first round offers of admission for the 2017 Summer Session and 2017 Winter Session.
What must students do to be considered for first round offers of admission?
First round offers of admission will be offered to a small number of students. To be considered, students must:
- Apply by December 1, 2016
- Submit all completed final grades in the academic profile section of the UBC online application
- Have very competitive grades and competitive personal profile scores
- Meet all the admission requirements
Students will not be refused based on Grade 11-level grades presented in their application. Students who are not offered a first round offer of admission will automatically be evaluated again in March through the normal process of self-reporting grades or document upload.
Students who are not offered a first round offer of admission in late January/early February will not be disadvantaged in any way in terms of their chances of getting in to UBC.
When will first round offers of admission decisions be made?
First round offers of admission to UBC will commence in late December and continue until early February. Applicants who are not offered a first round offer of admission will be re-evaluated once February–March grades are available.
What are students’ next steps after receiving a first round offer of admission?
Students who receive a first round offer of admission:
- BC high school students do not have to self-report their grades in March.
- All students have to maintain their academic standing in order to keep their offer of admission.
- Spring 2017: UBC will verify interim grades.
- July 2017: UBC will verify all final grades.
Ready to be a UBC student? Apply now.