UBC will give first round offers of admission to a limited number of highly competitive high school students who follow the Canadian curriculum. These students can expect to hear from UBC as early as late January. Here is what you need to know:
Which session do first round offers of admission apply to?
UBC will offer first round offers of admission for the 2018 Summer Session and 2018 Winter Session.
What must students do to be considered for first round offers of admission?
First round offers of admission will be offered to a small number of students. To be considered, students must:
- Apply by December 1, 2017
- Submit all completed final grades in the academic profile section of the UBC online application
- Have very competitive grades and competitive personal profile scores
- Meet all the admission requirements
Students will not be refused based on Grade 11-level grades presented in their application. Students who are not offered a first round offer of admission will automatically be evaluated again in March through the regular admissions process.
Students who are not offered a first round offer of admission in late January/mid-February will not be disadvantaged in any way in terms of their chances of getting in to UBC.
When will first round offers of admission decisions be made?
First round offers of admission to UBC will commence in late January and continue until mid-February. Applicants who are not offered a first round offer of admission will be re-evaluated once February–March grades are available.
What are students’ next steps after receiving a first round offer of admission?
Students who receive a first round offer of admission:
- All students have to maintain their academic standing in order to keep their offer of admission.
- Spring 2018: UBC will verify interim grades.
- July 2018: UBC will verify all final grades.
Ready to be a UBC student? Apply now.