International students in Canada: update your study permit

International students in Canada: update your study permit

If you’re an international student attending high school in Canada (not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada), you may not study at UBC until you receive a post-secondary study permit. You need to apply for a new (post-secondary) study permit in order to change conditions of your current secondary school permit.

When can I apply?

You may do this from within Canada while your secondary study permit is still valid. You should apply to change conditions and receive your post-secondary study permit as soon as you are admitted to UBC.

How do I apply?

Further information

More guidance on study permit requirements can be found at UBC’s international student website.

Share this post

Leave a comment

We welcome your comments. Please note that this blog is public so do not include your student number, email address, or other private information in your comment.

Comments close after two weeks. We will not respond to questions on blog posts that are more than two weeks old.

This blog encourages conversation. To protect this space, UBC reserves the right to remove posts of an offensive nature including spam, profanity, sexual content, or advertising.