Summer is just around the corner, and your high school career is coming to a close. But before you go on a brain vacation, mark these important dates and deadlines in your calendar so you’ll be ready for classes at UBC in September.
- Last day to register for Jump Start on UBC’s Vancouver campus.
- Deadline to apply for a deferral of admission (or 30 days after offer, if later).
- Recommended deadline to apply for student loans for students also planning to apply for the UBC bursary program.
- Deadline for students in Vancouver programs requiring a Language Proficiency Index exam (LPI) to request permission from First Year English to write the test on August 20 (during Jump Start), or September 3 (before Term 1).
- Deadline to apply for early arrival housing for the Vancouver campus. (No application needed by Jump Start participants.)
- Last day to register for Jumpstart on UBC’s Okanagan campus.
- Deadline to apply for early arrival housing for the Okanagan campus.
- Move-in for Jump Start Vancouver.
- Move-in for Jumpstart Okanagan.
- Move-in day for UBC Vancouver students in residence.
- Move-in day for UBC Okanagan students in residence.
- Labour Day (statutory holiday) – most university offices are closed.
- Aboriginal Student Orientation on the Okanagan campus.
- Start of Winter Session, Term 1. First day of classes replaced by Imagine Day (Vancouver) and Create (Okanagan).
- International Information Session on the Okanagan campus for students not able to attend Jumpstart.
- Last day to pay first instalment of tuition fees.
- Last day for general bursary applications (Winter Session) by Canadian citizens and permanent residents.