This double major allows you to combine an interest in nutrition and food science, giving you the best of both worlds. This degree can prepare you for any number of careers in the food and nutrition sectors.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Degree: Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Length 5 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
The Double Major in Food and Nutritional Sciences focuses on core aspects of food science and nutritional science, based on chemical, physical, and biological principles. Career options include quality assurance managers, consumer product officers, food technologists, microbiology technicians, and food safety specialists.
Food Science has research laboratories with modern analytical instrumentation. Specialized facilities include sensory evaluation labs, kitchens, pilot plant equipment for food preparation and processing, and biohazard (level 2) facilities.Send details
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
- Completion of the IB Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points, including at least three Higher Level courses and additional points for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.
- Completion of Standard Level or Higher Level English A at a minimum score of 3, where English is the primary language of instruction.
Degree-specific requirements: Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Math (Standard or Higher Level) (Requires the level indicated for individual faculties and schools. Math Studies does not meet the requirement)
- One of IB Biology, IB Chemistry, or IB Physics
- Two of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics at the Grade 11 level