Prepare for UBC’s Engineering programs by choosing the Applied Science stream at UBC Vantage College. You’ll complete foundational coursework in engineering, chemistry, math, and physics, plus you’ll participate in an engineering design project that culminates in a student-led project fair.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: UBC Vantage College
- Degree: Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering)
- 11 mos Length
- No Co-op Option
- No Honours Option
The Vantage One program at UBC Vantage College offers an 11-month program taught by UBC faculty for first-year international students who require additional academic English instruction as they begin their UBC degree. This program is only open to international students (not Canadian citizens or permanent residents).
The Vantage One Applied Science stream includes coursework in foundational engineering, chemistry, math, and physics. Placement into second-year engineering programs will be based on an evaluation of your first-year averages and a personal statement. You can complete your BASc degree at UBC’s Okanagan or Vancouver campuses.
Through the program, students will complete the full requirements of the first year an Applied Science degree program, integrated with academic English instruction. Upon successful completion of the Vantage One program, students will be able to transition into their second year at UBC.
- Taught by UBC faculty
- Small class size, cohort structure
- Program fee includes all UBC credit coursework, academic English instruction, and additional learning support
- Access to all UBC students services and university resources
- All Vantage One program students live in campus residences. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.