This blog post will be updated as new information becomes available. Keep checking back for any changes to our admissions processes or timelines.
Last updated: September 24, 2020
We will be as flexible as possible to ensure that your application to UBC is not disadvantaged by COVID-19 (coronavirus) disruptions.
We know that – like all students around the world – you are adjusting to ongoing changes meant to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and keep everyone in schools safe. We are carefully watching and listening so we can accommodate these changes in this year’s admissions process.
Supporting you through your application
We understand that you may be adjusting to:
- New learning-delivery methods. Some of you are attending classes in person, some of you are learning online, and some of you are doing both in a hybrid model.
- Modified school schedules (for example, your classes may be scheduled in quarters rather than semesters).
- The cancellation of some exams and assessments this year.
- Your school offering less flexibility in course scheduling – and that this may impact what courses you are able to take and how many you can complete.
- Limited or no access to extracurricular activities at school or in your community.
We want to reassure you that as these disruptions and changes continue to roll out, UBC will assess and adjust our current processes. We will be flexible and responsive.
We understand how difficult this is for you – for all students – and we are here to support you. UBC still cares about how you’re doing in school, no matter what form that takes right now, and we want you to be as academically prepared as you can be for university.
Applying to UBC
While there is much uncertainty, here’s what will not change this year:
- Applying to UBC still takes planning and preparation;
- You’ll need to choose what to study;
- You need to meet degree-specific requirements (Canadian high school students; international high school students);
- Your personal profile is an important part of your application; and
- UBC evaluates the whole student.
The UBC online application is now open, and we’re looking forward to learning more about you!