If you’re a Grade 12 student in BC or the Yukon, mark these important dates and deadlines in your calendar.
- Deadline to provide UBC with your BC Personal Education Number (PEN).
- Deadline to order a transcript for UBC via StudentTranscripts.gov.bc.ca.
When ordering your transcript, be sure to select “Send my transcript now and allow this Post-Secondary Institution to request transcript updates,” and choose the default date (one year from the date of your order) so that UBC can receive your interim and final grades continuously. This will allow UBC to receive your transcripts electronically from the BC Ministry of Education.
If you entered the BC/Yukon school system after Grade 9:
- Deadline for your counsellor or principal to submit a request for you to be waived UBC Vancouver’s language 11 requirement. Please instruct your counsellor to submit this request — and be sure to give them plenty of advance notice before the February 15 deadline.
To apply for exemption from the language 11 requirements, UBC needs a written statement from your principal or counsellor indicating your date of entry and grade of entry into the BC school system and your UBC reference number. Statements must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have completed less than three consecutive years of study within Canada:
- Deadline to meet UBC’s English Language Admissions Standard.
If you are completing your IB diploma in Canada:
- Deadline for IB Coordinators to submit your anticipated score results to UBC. This information is sent electronically and directly from your school to UBC.
Mid-March – end of April
As all grade information will be sent to UBC from the BC Ministry of Education on a continuous and ongoing basis, you do not need to submit any paper transcripts.
After your application is reviewed, you will receive an admissions decision from UBC (unless you have already heard from UBC with a First Round Offer of Admission) by email, or you can check your applicant status in the Student Service Centre from mid-March to the end of April.
- Deadline to submit housing application to be eligible for priority access.
- Deadline to accept UBC’s offer of admission and pay the acceptance deposit.
Some students’ deadline will be June 1 instead of May 1. Please refer to your letter of admission or the Student Service Centre to find your assigned date.