If you’ve received an offer of admission to UBC, congratulations! Getting into UBC is no easy feat, so all of your hard work paid off. The next step is to formally accept your offer and pay your acceptance deposit before the deadline to confirm your spot.
How do I accept my offer?
To accept your offer:
- Log in the Student Service Centre.
- Click Admissions followed by Accept or Decline My Offer.
- Select Yes, I accept this offer.
- Pay your acceptance deposit ($500 if you’re a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or $1,000 if you’re an international student). This deposit will be credited to your first term’s tuition.
When’s the deadline to accept an offer?
The deadline for you to accept your offer will depend on when your offer was made and to which degree you’ve been admitted. For example, if you received an offer of admission to the Bachelor of Commerce degree in April, your deadline to accept was May 1. For the majority of degrees, where decisions were made in April and May, your deadline to accept is June 1.
Where do I find my deadline to accept?
You can find the deadline to accept your offer in two places:
- Your letter of admission (see page 2)
- Your Student Service Centre account (click Admissions followed by Accept or Decline My Offer)
Be sure to accept your offer on or before the stipulated deadline. Spaces at UBC are in high demand. If you miss the deadline, your offer is likely to be withdrawn and made to another student.