Once you’ve been admitted to UBC Okanagan, it’s time to start getting to know your new home. UBC 101 is a self-guided online course that will help you learn more about your campus, and take care of the basics before classes start.
What is UBC 101?
From textbooks to housing, medical insurance to degree planning, UBC 101 will set you up with the knowledge to help you succeed when you arrive on campus. UBC 101 is designed to provide a general guide for new students for all things UBCO, and will:
- introduce you to the history, traditions, and culture of UBC Okanagan,
- guide you through your academic transition to university,
- introduce you to on-campus support services, and
- help you take care of the essentials prior to the start of classes.
Best of all, you can meet and chat with other new students on UBC 101’s discussion boards, and get your questions answered early.
How long does it take?
Most students complete the online orientation in less than two hours—a small investment of time that will pay off big on your first day and beyond.
When should you start UBC 101?
You can start UBC 101 any time from May to September. Because you’ll learn important information about course registration, though, we recommend completing UBC 101 before the end of June.
UBC 101 is available 24 hours a day to all new-to-UBC-Okanagan students.
To access UBC 101
- Visit the Canvas self-enrolment portal, and log in with your Campus Wide Login (CWL) when prompted.
- Click “enrol in course”.
Once you are enrolled, you can access UBC 101 anytime by clicking the link to UBC 101 on your Canvas dashboard.