As a UBC applicant, you have a number of important deadlines to meet. Please carefully review the following list and frequently check your email as well as your application status on the Student Service Centre.
Residence move-in day
- Move-in day on the Okanagan campus. (Jump Start participants move in on August 25 and 26.)
- Online application opens for Summer Session (May to August 2018) and Winter Session (September 2018 to April 2019). Apply here!
First day of classes
- Deadline to pay your first instalment of Winter Session tuition.
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents: Deadline for general bursary applications.
Scholarships and awards
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents: Deadline to apply to UBC if you wish to be considered for the Presidential Scholars Award and UBC Centennial Scholars Entrance Award.
- International applicants: Deadline to apply to UBC and submit an award application if you’re an international student and you wish to be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award or the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award.
First-round offers of admission
- Direct-entry high school applicants who follow the Canadian curriculum: Deadline to apply to UBC if you wish to be considered for a first-round offer of admission.
- Canadian post-secondary applicants: Deadline to apply to UBC if you wish to be considered on your interim transcripts.
- Deadline to apply for Summer Session (May to August 2019), unless you’re a visiting, unclassified, or Access Studies student.
- Deadline to apply for Winter Session (September 2019 to April 2020).
- Canadian post-secondary applicants: Deadline to submit your official interim transcript if you applied by December 1.
- Deadline to complete distance and distributed-learning courses if you want UBC to use those grades in calculating your competitive admissions average.
- Deadline to submit documents showing you meet the English Language Admission Standard (ELAS).
- BC applicants: Submit your PEN with your application so that UBC can receive your grades electronically.
- Ontario applicants: Submit your OUAC number with your application so that UBC can receive your grades electronically.
- Other out-of-province applicants: Upload your high school transcripts on the Student Service Centre.
- Admissions decisions are made for most high school applicants.
- Post-secondary applicants from the United States: Deadline to submit required documents to UBC.
- High school applicants from outside Canada: Deadline to submit required documents to UBC.
- If you’ve been awarded a Presidential Scholars Award, an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, or a Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award, you’ll be notified.
Accept your offer!
- Deadline for most students to accept UBC’s offer of admission and pay the acceptance deposit. (Some students’ deadline will be June 1. Please refer to your letter of admission or the Student Service Centre to find your assigned date.)
- Deadline to apply for housing and still be eligible for the first-year guarantee. (If you’re considering a degree on both campuses, you must complete a separate residence application for each campus.)
- International students: Getting a study permit can take several months, so be sure to apply for a study permit as soon as you accept your offer of admission.
- Canadian post-secondary applicants: Submit your final transcripts electronically or by mail to UBC’s Admissions Office. (Final transcripts are required for conditional offers of admission. Please review your application status on the Student Service Centre for more information.)
- Canadian post-secondary applicants: Admissions decisions are made.
- Out-of-country post-secondary applicants (except US applicants): Deadline to submit all required documents.
Accept your offer!
- Deadline for some students to accept UBC’s offer of admission and pay the acceptance deposit. (Most students’ deadline will be May 1. Please refer to your letter of admission or the Student Service Centre to find your assigned date.)
- If you’ve qualified for the first-year guarantee, you’ll receive a housing offer.
- Course registration opens for first-year students.
- US applicants: Deadline to submit final transcripts to UBC to confirm your offer of admission.
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents: Recommended deadline to apply for Canadian and provincial loans to ensure funds for September and to qualify for the UBC bursary program.
Out-of-province and out-of-country high school transcripts
- Out-of-province applicants: Deadline to have your final official transcript mailed to UBC to confirm your offer of admission.
- Out-of-country applicants (except US and A-Level applicants): Deadline to submit your final transcript to confirm your offer of admission. Please check your letter of admission for curriculum-specific deadlines.
- US applicants: Deadline for US students to submit UBC’s US Loan Request form and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to ensure loan funding for September.
Jump Start orientation
- Deadline to register for Jump Start orientation on the Okanagan campus.
Early arrival to residence
- Deadline to apply for early arrival to residence. (If you register for Jump Start, you’ll automatically qualify to move in early.)
(or 30 days after you receive your offer, whichever is later)
- Deadline to apply for deferred admission.
- Applicants from the British-patterned system: Deadline to submit final A-Level results to UBC to confirm your offer of admission.
- Jump Start orientation for all first-year students.