UBC’s Student Housing Assistance Grant is for students who wish to participate in the residence experience on UBC’s Vancouver campus, but who would be unable to do so without financial support. One-time grants of up to $10,000 each are available for students who demonstrate financial need to help cover the cost of housing and meal plan fees.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the Student Housing Assistance Grant, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Apply to UBC’s Vancouver campus directly from high school or transfer from another post-secondary institution.
- Be entering a direct-entry program for your first undergraduate degree.
- Apply to live in UBC student residence by the May 1 deadline.
- Demonstrate financial need.
How do you apply?
To apply for the Student Housing Assistance Grant, you must:
- Complete the Student Housing Assistance Grant application.
- Complete the parent/guardian or spouse/common-law partner application (if applicable).
When is the deadline?
- Your completed applications, including parent/guardian or spouse/common-law partner application (if applicable), must be received by January 15 (11:59 PM PST).
- You will be contacted no later than May 15 if you have been awarded the Student Housing Assistance Grant. Only successful applicants will be contacted.