If your interest in psychology is in the biological basis of behaviour, this could be the program for you. You'll study a range of topics, including advanced research methods in the behavioural sciences, sensation and perception; animal learning and cognition; hormones and behaviour; computers and psychology; and biopsychology.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Length 4 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
The BSc in Behavioural Neuroscience program is intended for students whose interest in psychology is in the biological basis of behaviour. The program covers a range of topics including advanced research methods in the behavioural sciences, sensation and perception; animal learning and cognition; hormones and behaviour; computers and psychology; and biopsychology.Send details
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
Before arriving at UBC, Katherine had already been cultivating an interest in neuroscience through work in an Alzheimer’s research lab. She was able to match and nurture that curiosity further by majoring in Behavioural Neuroscience.Katherine Tourigny, Behavioural Neuroscience Read the full story
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
- Completion of the IB Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points, including at least three Higher Level courses and additional points for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.
- Completion of Standard Level or Higher Level English A at a minimum score of 3, where English is the primary language of instruction.
Degree-specific requirements: Science
- IB Mathematics (Standard or Higher Level; IB Math Studies does not meet the requirement)
- One of IB Biology, IB Chemistry, or IB Physics (Standard or Higher Level)
- One year of Chemistry immediately prior to IB Diploma
- One year of Physics immediately prior to IB Diploma (may be waived with scores of 5 or higher in IB Mathematics and IB Chemistry)