Create your own degree in science with this highly flexible, highly interactive program that stresses active learning, group discussion, and collaborative research.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Length 4 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
Few universities allow you to design your own third- and fourth-year program of study. But if your interdisciplinary vision cannot be realized in another program, integrated sciences give you the opportunity to persuade an advisor to support you.
You’ll then be able to develop an interdisciplinary program meeting these objectives, and to graduate with a unique degree earned within the same rigorous framework as all UBC Science degrees.Send details
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
- Completion of the IB Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points, including at least three Higher Level courses and additional points for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.
- Completion of Standard Level or Higher Level English A at a minimum score of 3, where English is the primary language of instruction.
Degree-specific requirements: Science
- Math (Standard or Higher Level) (minimum grade of 3) (Requires the level indicated for individual faculties and schools. Math Studies does not meet the requirement)
- One of IB Biology, IB Chemistry, or IB Physics
- Chemistry and Physics at the Grade 11 level (The Physics requirement may be waived with scores of 5 or higher in IB Mathematics and Chemistry)