On this page you’ll find resources to help you plan your finances to cover the cost of your education. Use our handy budget-planning worksheet to help you create a year-long budget that covers university and living costs. Then use our online cost calculator to find your program’s tuition and add it up with books, transportation, and living costs. Once you have a financial plan in place, check out our financial schedule so you never miss a deadline.
If you’re an international student and you wish to pay your UBC fees in your home currency, you’re encouraged to do so. Our international funds transfer method allows you to lock into an exchange rate for 72 hours, during which time you can transfer funds to UBC via Western Union Business Solutions.
How to plan your first-year costs
- Calculate costs specific to you using our online cost calculator. Add up the total for tuition, books, and living costs.
- Download and complete our budget-planning worksheet below. This worksheet is for your own reference only.
- Get help. Our Enrolment Services Advisors (Vancouver) and Student Services and Financial Support (Okanagan) help students and families develop their financial plan. If you’d like to schedule a financial advising appointment, contact us.
- See our fees and dues dates for important fee deadlines.
- Budget-planning worksheet
- 94 KB PDF
- Download this fillable PDF template
This is where you can calculate your financial plan and find your program’s tuition.
Try as many options as you want. The numbers will be updated each time you click the Calculate button. All fees and costs are current estimates and are based on a first-year full course load.
Fees, including tuition, program, course, special, and student society fees, are approved by the Board of Governors following consultation with students and are subject to change. Student fees for 2018 Summer and Winter Sessions have already been approved.
Fees last updated June 2018.