Are you interested in basic human and animal nutritional sciences? The Nutritional Sciences program will give you a solid understanding of the basic sciences involved in human and animal nutrition, including chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, and nutrient metabolism.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Degree: Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Length 4 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
The Nutritional Sciences program prepares you for graduate study and research in nutrition or for further study in agricultural and health sciences, including veterinary studies. Topics of study include human and animal digestive systems, the function of nutrients in health and disease, nutritional requirements and recommendations, and the effects of production and distribution systems on food availability.
This program prepares students to continue their education at Masters and Ph.D levels, to pursue a career in nutrition and/or health research, and in research- and development-related industries, or to further their studies in health professions such as naturopathy, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, rehabilitation sciences, or veterinary medicine.Send details
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
- Completion of the IB Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points, including at least three Higher Level courses and additional points for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.
- Completion of Standard Level or Higher Level English A at a minimum score of 3, where English is the primary language of instruction.
Degree-specific requirements: Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Math (Standard or Higher Level) (Requires the level indicated for individual faculties and schools. Math Studies does not meet the requirement)
- One of IB Biology, IB Chemistry, or IB Physics
- Two of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics at the Grade 11 level