A limited number of highly competitive high school students who follow a Canadian curriculum will receive first round offers of admission from UBC. These students can expect to hear from UBC as early as late January. Here is what you need to know about the process:
Which sessions do first round offers of admission apply to?
UBC will offer first round offers of admission for the 2019 Winter Session.
What must students do to be considered for first round offers of admission?
To be considered for first round offers of admission, students must:
- Apply by December 1, 2018.
- Submit any completed final grades (also by December 1, 2018):
- BC/Yukon students need to request an electronic transcript be sent to UBC via the BC Ministry of Education’s Student Transcript Service.
- Students from all other provinces need to complete the academic profile section of the UBC online application.
- Have very competitive grades and Personal Profile scores.
- Meet all the admission requirements.
Students will not be refused based on Grade 11-level grades presented in their application. Students who are not offered a first round offer of admission will automatically be evaluated again in March through the regular admissions process.
Students who are not offered a first round offer of admission in late January/mid-February will not be disadvantaged in any way in terms of their chances of getting in to UBC.
When will first round offers of admission decisions be made?
First round offers of admission to UBC will commence in late January and continue until mid-February. Applicants who are not offered a first round offer of admission will be re-evaluated once February-March grades are available.
What are students’ next steps after receiving a first round offer of admission?
For those students who receive a first round offer of admission, the next steps are:
- All students must maintain their academic standing in order to keep their offer of admission.
- Spring 2019: UBC will verify interim grades.
- July 2019: UBC will verify all final grades.
Ready to be a UBC student? Apply now.