Take courses in human structure and function with emphasis in nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, and gastrointestinal systems while you study life processes. The overarching goal of this program is to provide interdisciplinary training in life and health sciences while preparing you for a career in academics, or biotechnology or medical fields.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Length 4 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
This program aims at enriching a core study of physiology through a broad curriculum. Study focuses on human body structure and function, but also seeks to provide interdisciplinary training that prepares students for a wide range of careers in academic, biotechnology, or medical fields.
The Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Physiology Club of UBC is a thriving club in the Alma Mater Society. It’s a great place for first-year students to make contacts with current undergraduate and graduate students, and get a sense of what a major in these programs is all about.Send details
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
- Completion of the IB Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points, including at least three Higher Level courses and additional points for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.
- Completion of Standard Level or Higher Level English A at a minimum score of 3, where English is the primary language of instruction.
Degree-specific requirements: Science
- Math (Standard or Higher Level) (minimum grade of 3) (Requires the level indicated for individual faculties and schools. Math Studies does not meet the requirement)
- One of IB Biology, IB Chemistry, or IB Physics
- Chemistry and Physics at the Grade 11 level (The Physics requirement may be waived with scores of 5 or higher in IB Mathematics and Chemistry)