If you're interested in a career in food service management, or as a family life educator, lab technician, nutrition educator, or sales representative, this flexible program could be for you. Learn more about the economic, ecological, social, and technological components of managed landscapes, agrifood systems, and communities comprising the land, food, nutrition, and health continuum.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Degree: Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Length 4 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
The Food, Nutrition, and Health program offers you the flexibility to tailor your education to your interests in food, nutrition, and health, without choosing a particular specialization. (Option in dual degree in Home Economics Education.) Career options include food service management, family life educator, lab technician, nutrition educator, and sales representative. Career options depend on the courses that you choose in this flexible program.
Food Science has research laboratories with modern analytical instrumentation. Specialized facilities include sensory evaluation labs, kitchens and pilot plant equipment for food preparation and processing, and biohazard facilities.Send details
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
- Completion of the IB Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points, including at least three Higher Level courses and additional points for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.
- Completion of Standard Level or Higher Level English A at a minimum score of 3, where English is the primary language of instruction.
Degree-specific requirements: Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Math (Standard or Higher Level) (Requires the level indicated for individual faculties and schools. Math Studies does not meet the requirement)
- One of IB Biology, IB Chemistry, or IB Physics
- Two of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics at the Grade 11 level