Integrated Engineering offers the broadest education of the engineering disciplines by allowing you to tailor your degree to your interests, giving you precisely the level of focus that you desire.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: Faculty of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Degree: Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Length 4 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
The Integrated Engineering (IGEN) program will provide you with a broad, non-specialized engineering education. Rather than earning a degree in only one specific area of engineering, you will gain background in core areas such as materials, solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, and systems involving chemical, electro-mechanical, and biological components. In addition to the core, you may select 18 credits of technical electives to explore your interests further.
The program emphasizes engineering design through design project courses taken in each term. Most of the design projects directly involve knowledge gained in courses in the IGEN program, but some projects require independent learning. The program is accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board.
UBC Engineering students and faculty are frequent award winners in international competitions and scholarship honours.
What can you do with this major after graduation?Send details
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
IB Diploma Programme
- Completed IB Diploma, including at least three Higher Level courses.
IB Certificate Courses
- IB Certificate courses (Standard and Higher Level) may be used in an admissions average if you are graduating from a recognized high school curriculum that can be used as your basis of admission.
- Students who complete the IB Diploma in English are required to achieve a minimum score of 3 in an IB Group 1 English course at either Standard or Higher Level. (If you are an international student with a score of less than 3, you may be eligible for UBC Vantage One programs.)
- IB Math Applications and Interpretations SL, or IB Math Studies, do not satisfy the math requirement for admission to UBC’s science-based programs, the Faculty of Management, the UBC Sauder School of Business, or the Vancouver School of Economics.
Degree-specific requirements: Applied Science (Engineering)
- IB Math Analysis and Approaches SL or HL, or IB Math Applications and Interpretations HL. (IB Math Applications and Interpretations SL, or IB Math Studies, are not acceptable.)
- IB Chemistry
- IB Physics
- Academically strong candidates missing either IB Chemistry or IB Physics may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
The following subject categories are particularly relevant for this degree. Consider taking courses in these areas in your junior year and senior year.
- Language Arts
- Mathematics and Computation