Join an accelerated program in which you'll earn both a UBC Bachelor and a Master of Management degree in as little as 4.5 years. Learn how to contribute to the future development of organizations, sectors, communities, and regions facing questions regarding climate justice, reconciliation, and social and economic inequality.
Why this program?
- Obtain your master’s degree on a short timeline, with only eight months of study after completing your undergraduate degree.
- Learn management concepts and techniques through problem-based dialogue and action, applicable to regional and global transformation.
- Take workshops during your undergraduate degree to prepare for your Master of Management coursework with no break in your studies.
- Campus: Okanagan
- Faculties: Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, Faculty of Management, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science, School of Engineering, School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- Degrees: Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Health and Exercise Sciences, Bachelor of Management, Bachelor of Media Studies, Bachelor of Science, Master of Management
- Length 4.5 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
The interdisciplinary Bachelor + Master of Management Dual Degree is an accelerated program in which you earn both a UBC Bachelor and a Master of Management degree in as little as 4.5 years. You can advance your knowledge and skills to help you navigate complex environments, and contribute to the future development of organizations, sectors, communities, and regions in the face of questions regarding climate justice, reconciliation, and social and economic inequality. Courses and workshops are founded on principles of decolonization and inclusion, and engage in topics like equity, diversity, enculturation, emotional intelligence, and Indigenous perspectives.
Experiential Learning and Research
You will be part of an interdisciplinary cohort of students from diverse undergraduate programs and backgrounds, and take part in experiential learning that includes projects that engage the broader community. As part of your studies, you will do an applied project, where you will investigate an issue or problem in a real-world context, supported by feedback and guidance from your academic advisor. You will also have access to topical presentations over the course of your undergraduate studies, and take part in two intensive summer workshops.Send details
Life at UBC's Okanagan campus
As a Bachelor + Master of Management Dual Degree student, you'll learn with a diverse group of instructors from a breadth of UBC Faculties. For the duration of your studies, receive personalized guidance from an academic tutor and a personal development coach.Find out more
The Bachelor + Master of Management Dual Degree offers a myriad of opportunities. The knowledge, skills, relationships and experiences you gain will prepare you to thrive in your chosen activity and career, whether that be in community development, the non-profit sector, global resource management, business, government, entrepreneurship, or another field.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
IB Diploma Programme
- Completed IB Diploma, including at least three Higher Level courses.
IB Certificate Courses
- IB Certificate courses (Standard and Higher Level) may be used in an admissions average if you are graduating from a recognized high school curriculum that can be used as your basis of admission.
- IB Math Applications and Interpretations SL, or IB Math Studies, do not satisfy the math requirement for admission to UBC’s science-based programs, the Faculty of Management, the UBC Sauder School of Business, or the Vancouver School of Economics.
Degree-specific requirements: Bachelor + Master of Management
- You must apply and meet the degree-specific requirements for one of: Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Bachelor of Visual Arts (BFA), Bachelor of Health and Exercise Sciences (BHES), Bachelor of Media Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Management (BMgt) or Bachelor of Science (BSc).
- Additional application required for the Dual Degree option.
- Please see the subject categories for your chosen bachelor degree.