The Science stream at UBC Vantage College establishes a foundation of knowledge through a core set of science courses that range from chemistry to calculus to programming. You will have the option of selecting either a computational science or physical sciences elective.
- Campus: Vancouver
- Faculty: UBC Vantage College
- Length 11 mos
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
The Vantage One program at UBC Vantage College offers an 11-month program taught by UBC faculty for first-year international students who require additional academic English instruction as they begin their UBC degree. This program is only open to international students (not Canadian citizens or permanent residents).
In the Science stream, students all take a core set of science courses, and have the option to select either a Computational or Physical Sciences elective.
Through the program, students will complete the full requirements of the first year of a Science degree program, integrated with academic English instruction. Upon successful completion of the Vantage One program, students will be able to transition into their second year at UBC.
- Taught by UBC faculty
- Small class size, cohort structure
- Program fee includes all UBC credit coursework, academic English instruction, and additional learning support
- Access to all UBC students services and university resources
- All Vantage One program students live in campus residences. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
- Completion of the IB Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points, including at least three Higher Level courses and additional points for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.
- Completion of Standard Level or Higher Level English A at a minimum score of 3, where English is the primary language of instruction.
Degree-specific requirements: Science
- IB Mathematics (Standard or Higher Level; IB Math Studies does not meet the requirement)
- One of IB Biology, IB Chemistry, or IB Physics (Standard or Higher Level)
- One year of Chemistry immediately prior to IB Diploma
- One year of Physics immediately prior to IB Diploma (may be waived with scores of 5 or higher in IB Mathematics and IB Chemistry)