A limited number of highly competitive high school students who follow a Canadian curriculum will receive first-round offers of admission from UBC. These students can expect to hear from UBC as early as late January. Here is what you need to know about the process:
Which sessions do first-round offers of admission apply to?
UBC will offer first-round offers of admission for the 2019 Winter Session.
What must students do to be considered for first-round offers of admission?
To be considered for first-round offers of admission, students must:
- Apply by December 1, 2018.
- Submit any completed final grades (also by December 1, 2018):
- BC/Yukon students need to request an electronic transcript be sent to UBC via the BC Ministry of Education’s Student Transcript Service.
- Students from all other provinces need to complete the academic profile section of the UBC online application.
- Have very competitive grades and Personal Profile scores.
- Meet all the admission requirements.
Students will not be refused based on Grade 11-level grades presented in their application. Students who are not offered a first-round offer of admission will automatically be evaluated again in March through the regular admissions process.
Students who are not offered a first-round offer of admission in late January/mid-February will not be disadvantaged in any way in terms of their chances of getting in to UBC.
When will first-round offers of admission decisions be made?
First-round offers of admission to UBC will commence in late January and continue until mid-February. Applicants who are not offered a first-round offer of admission will be re-evaluated once February-March grades are available.
What are students’ next steps after receiving a first-round offer of admission?
For those students who receive a first-round offer of admission, the next steps are:
- All students must maintain their academic standing in order to keep their offer of admission.
- Spring 2019: UBC will verify interim grades.
- July 2019: UBC will verify all final grades.
Ready to be a UBC student? Apply now.