A limited number of highly competitive high school students who follow a Canadian curriculum will receive first-round offers of admission from UBC for their entry into the 2020/2021 Winter Session. These students can expect to hear from UBC as early as February.
Here’s what you need to know about the process.
How to be considered for a first-round offer of admission
To be considered for a first-round offer of admission, you must:
- Apply by December 1, 2020.
- Submit any completed final grades by December 1, 2020:
- BC/Yukon students need to request an electronic transcript be sent to UBC via the BC Ministry of Education’s Student Transcript Service and ensure UBC has their UBC PEN on their application.
- Ontario students need to submit an OUAC number as part of their application so UBC can receive grades electronically from the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.
- Students from all other provinces need to complete the academic profile section of the UBC online application.
- Have very competitive grades and Personal Profile.
- Meet all the admission requirements.
First-round offer of admissions are assessed mainly on your final Grade 11 scores and your Personal Profile.
When you’ll receive a decision
First-round offers of admission to UBC will start in early February and continue until the end of February. If you are not offered a first-round offer of admission by the end of February, you will automatically be evaluated again in March through the regular admissions process, once your February-March grades are available.
If you are not sent a first-round offer of admission, you won’t be disadvantaged in any way from being awarded a place at UBC.
Programs that do not provide first-round offers of admission
Because some programs require an audition, interview, or additional supplemental processes, they do not fall within the first-round offer timelines. These include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Vancouver)
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Urbanism
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor of Media Studies (Vancouver)
- Bachelor + Master of Management
Please note that only your first-choice program will be considered for a first-round offer.
Next steps after receiving a first-round offer of admission
If you receive a first-round offer of admission, the next steps are:
- All students must maintain their academic standing in order to keep their offer.
- Spring 2021: UBC will verify interim grades.
- July 2021: UBC will verify all final grades.
Ready to be a UBC student? Apply now.