Have you had a change of heart? If you’ve applied to one degree, but decided you’d rather pursue a different one, here’s what you need to do.
How to change your degree
- Check the admissions requirements for your new degree choice and make sure you meet the criteria.
- Be absolutely sure you want to change your degree, because you may no longer be eligible for certain UBC awards. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and you apply by December 1, 2022, your first-choice degree will be considered for a Presidential Scholars Award if you select that option on the online application. If you are an international student and you apply by January 15, 2023, your first-choice application will be automatically considered for an International Major Entrance Scholarship. For all students, your new first-choice application will not be considered for an award if you make a change after those dates.
- After you’ve thought through the above, you can submit the changes of your first-choice and second-choice applications until January 15, 2023. Be sure to include your full name and UBC reference number, and we will update your UBC application accordingly. Your application changes will not be updated if your request is made after January 15, 2023.
Please submit your program change request here. You can use the same link to ask any questions you might have about changing your degree.
- Some degrees (for example Bachelor of Nursing at UBC Okanagan, and Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Media Studies, or Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at UBC Vancouver) can only be considered first-choice degrees. This means that if you select that program as your second choice, it will not be evaluated.
- We will notify you if we cannot accommodate a change to your application.
And remember, you use the same UBC application to apply for degrees on both UBC campuses. Your first choice and second choice can be on the same campus or on two different campuses. January 15, 2023 is the deadline for submitting your application, and the deadline for changing the program you’re applying to.